Program of Studies
Milah Institute is an organization whose main aim is to advance the Hebrew language and Israeli-Jewish culture in Israel.
To this extent, the program of studies includes recognition of the society and culture in Israel and also the Jewish festivals. Part of the teaching material is based on different stories, songs, films and texts of Israeli origin.
Examinations and Certificates
At Ulpan Milah we like to promote an open learning atmosphere and the tests during the course of the semester are therefore optional. However, the exam given at the end of the semester is compulsory for all students wishing to move on to the next level.
The move to a higher level is dependent on receiving at least 65% in the exam. Obtaining the final certificate is dependent on achieving this pass grade, and also attendance in at least 60% of the lessons in the course of the semester.
Places at Milah are limited so securing a place in one of our classes is only guaranteed to students who pay the full price in advance. Attendance in more than one Ulpan class requires payment. The cost of the Ulpan does not include textbooks. All textbooks are available from the Ulpan office.
Methods of payment
Cash – one payment only.
Foreign credit card – one payment only.
Local credit card – up to 3 payments. Only VISA or MasterCard.
Checks – up to 3 installments (starting on the day of registration).
The cost of the Ulpan does not include textbooks used during the course. All textbooks are available at the Ulpan office.
Cancellation, changes and refunds policy
Changing class can be done only with the agreement of the student office and the Ulpan management. Courses will open only if there are enough participants.
Our refund policy is as follows:
• In case of a course cancellation by MILAH, you are entitled to a full refund.
• Up to the start of the course, you are entitled to a full refund, minus 200 NIS incurred for registration.
• Up to the end of the first week of the semester, you are entitled to a 75% refund from the full cost of the course.
• Up to the end of the second week of the semester, you are entitled to a 50% refund from the course's full cost.
• From the beginning of the third week and onwards, NO REFUNDS are given.
• NO REFUNDS are given to students who join after the semester begins.
To cancel the registration or make any other changes, you must hand your request in writing and sign a cancellation form at the office.
• Our office opening hours are between 9am and 5pm, Sunday to Thursday inclusive.
• In the coffee shop, you can find hot drinks, softdrinks, snacks & backed goods.
• For your comfort, we provide a free water cooler.
• The kitchen area is for teachers and staff only.
We kindly request that you arrive punctually to all lessons and switch off mobile phones at the beginning of class.
Want to know more? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.