Ulpan MILAH was established in Jerusalem in 1996. Ulpan MILAH is home to a diverse community of new and veteran Olim, tourists, visitors and others, who seek to learn more about Israeli society and culture. Participants at MILAH can improve and develop their Hebrew skills as well as take part in unique activities that provide exposure to the many different facets of Israeli life. In turn, the knowledge and experience gained through these activities facilitate their acclimatisation into Israeli society. MILAH accommodates over a thousand individuals from all persuasions and backgrounds each year.
The goals of MILAH’s Ulpan are to:
• Encourage fluency in the Hebrew language and develop methods of utilising the language in both social and cultural contexts.
• Provide a forum for those interested in improving their Hebrew skills.
• Provide the tools for opening channels of communication in order to create better understanding and tolerance between diverse communities within Israeli society.
• Develop models of coexistence to deepen the sense of belonging while acclimatizing to Israeli life.
• Create a meeting place to serve as the foundation for building understanding and cooperation between people of different backgrounds.
We offer advanced teaching methods that are employed by an experienced team of teachers trained by the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Our classes are small, which guarantees personal input from the teacher and an intimate and friendly environment in the lessons.
We are conveniently based in the centre of Jerusalem.
The studies in the Ulpan include intensive morning courses offered at four levels of study and evening courses at six levels.
The ulpan attracts students from all parts of the world, and from a range of religions and nationalities, who all come to study in Jerusalem. This framework, which promotes tolerance and openness between the many different types of people who live in Israel, is unique in its success.
MILAH - The place to learn Hebrew in Jerusalem